Thursday, November 1, 2007

11/1/2007

9:30pm
Good day today. Despite a horrible night of sleep (I was up till 3am) and waking up at 6am for the day, I still had energy. Work was OK. I fixed a lot that was wrong with the excel spreadsheets and access database. It was mostly little stuff like redoing the formulas, but it still felt good to dig back into the world of computers and not only remember what I was doing but to have it work! Then I got back to my cell to discover my mail already delivered. Jackpot! I got my usual newspaper along with my first issue of BuddhaDharma magazine. So I was super pumped when I lift those up and underneath were two letters! The first was a returned letter from Healing Tao Prisoners Program. I guess that program is still around because the sticker said "Forwarding Order Expired" which I assume means they are still around but not at that address. If anyone knows the new address, please let me know. The second letter was from my brother. He has the blog up and running and it looks great! I was kinda apprehensive about doing it but now that I got to see screen shots, I'm really pumped! Maybe something good can come of all this. I'll keep writing everyday no matter how boring or in what style. I'll just let it flow with complete honesty. I really like his idea bout keeping me semi-private, but I really do want people to write me. A pen pal would be sweet, so I encourage people to email my brother and receive the address and guidelines for writing me directly. I'm so weirded out right now knowing that not only am I writing my journal (which is the only suggestion the crack head shrink had) but also addressing my friends and family but talking to complete strangers also. Scary but exciting. The day wrapped up with my theology class which is always awesome. Well I'm getting tired so I'm going to try to sleep. Later.
11:30
Ok Seriously! I'm trying to sleep but can't because some douche is coughing and hacking and sneezing everyone 30-45 seconds, literally! I know who it is and the cause of his irritation (sniffing prescription welbutrin, call bennies), just another night in paradise.

No comments: