Saturday, November 3, 2007

11/3/2007

Totally a lazy day today. I slept on and off till 10:00am when I was called to a visit. It was my best friend Theron. It was a good visit. I got a letter today from Rev. Richard Baksa at the Buddhist Association of the U.S. I had done a mass mailing about a month ago to all these Dharma and pen pal places and very few have responded as of yet, but he is one of th em. He states in his letter that they no longer offer a pen pal program but he gave me some address of places that do. I wrote each of them a letter tonight. They do have a Buddhist Study course that I might start. He also gave me an application for a place called LostVault.com they have a pen-pal program. They charge $5 for me to file it by mail or I can do it free online. Maybe I'll send it to my brother, maybe. Well I need to write to the Rev. and tell him I am interested in his Buddhist Study coarse and ask him to send the list of books that he provides. I had another inmate ask me if I wanted to be cell mates with him but I like my privacy, plus he is one of the biggest mooches ever, so thats a big NO! Well better get to writing that letter.

No comments: