Wednesday, November 14, 2007

11/14/2007

I just decided to type "Going Deeper". I'm still using a "contraband" pen and want to keep it a secret as long as I can till Sunday, when I get another one from commissary. Plus I'm lazy, plain and simple. I started typing it today though and I'll send a copy to my brother to post. Watched my shows tonight! Pushing Daisies, Bionic Woman and Life. Read a little book 30 pages long called "Be Free Where You Are" by Thich Nhat Hanh. I'm going to reread it, but so far my favorite line in the book is:
"Everyone walks on earth, but there are those who walk like slaves, with no freedom at all. They are sucked in by the future or by the past, and they are not capable of dwelling in the here and now, where life is available. If we get caught up in our worries, our despair, our projects, our regrets about the past, and our fears of the future in our everyday lives, we are not free people. We are not capable of establishing ourselves in the here and now."
Well I understand that intellectually and know it to be true in my heart, but God, I am just not there. I'm still a child. I just want to be held, hugged and loved. I watched a news report today showing these armed forces Dads surprising their kids at their school or whatever. To see the kids' reactions and them leaping into their fathers arms and hugging them... well let's just say I didn't stop crying for quite a while and I have a fantasy to haunt me to the day I die.

"Not free" indeed.

No comments: