Monday, November 19, 2007

11/19/2007

Pretty boring today, nothing much happened. I lent a bag of coffee to a dude last week in exchange for two from him this week. Trying to help him out, you know? Well it is time for him to pay up but he keeps giving me the run around. This other dude, I lent him batteries for his radio and a stamped envelope and let him read my paper when I'm done. well the guy said he would pay me back when he gets his commissary. Guess what? He got his com. and no payment when I come to collect. To make matters worse this dude actually got pissy when, I don't "read the paper fast enough"; comes sniffing around over and over with his hand out. Unbelievable! So I ask, what do you do? If I was a true convict I would "punk them out" teach each a less by slapping them around to show that they can't. play with me that way and to show others the same. But I'm NOT a convict. I'm a man sitting in prison for the rest of my life trying to help people out where I can and trying to keep my sanity, my ... me; I'm trying to stay me! But how much can I take? How long can I be taken advantage of? Be dumped on? Do I harden my heart to other inmates and never help them out or try to work through this feeling of being used? I don't have answers only questions. That is the drama I face in here. Pathetic, weird, but real. I did get good news today though. I found out I get paid extra for taking photos which is part of my job. I'll make an extra #30-$40 in tokens for December. So that's cool. Plus I found out that I have to attend the POW-WOW in December and not only do I get paid extra for that, but I can invite anyone from the outside to hang out with me down there for the entire day! It's on December 15th which is a Saturday. Not sure who would want to hang out at a prison POW-WOW all day or for that matter, COULD hang out all day. I'll have to ask around and see. Talk to you all later.

No comments: