Thursday, October 18, 2007

10/18/2007

It's days like this that are dark, grim reminders of where I'm at. The day was normal enough, until the afternoon when I was asked if I have seen "D", the other new chapel orderly. He started about 3 weeks before I did. Native dude. Well it turns out that he got padlocked (for you non-inmates that means someone put a padlock in a sock and meat him with it) and stomped (kicked while down). I didn't see it or see them take him out on a stretcher. I guess it was bad enough that they covered him completely upon the way out. Well the rumor is (and who really knows) that he is a snitch. He seemed like a nice enough guy to me but I just met him Monday. Either way I don't care, I absolutely hate violence and hope he is alright. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemies. Well I finished up the work day and was on my way to supper when I walked by the holding detention cell and saw the dude who is training me sitting in there handcuffed! Well I spoke to him real quick through the bars and I guess that "IP", which I can only assume means internal police, detained him and his cell-mate for questioning. How long he will be gone I don't know, but I know IP grabbed a ton of people for questioning. Anyway now I am all alone in the chapel doing a job that I know only 1/3 of, on the busiest day for chapel activities because not only do you prepare stuff for Friday, but for Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning also! SHIT! On top of all that, some inmates who I actually like shipped off to another prison (minimum security) and one that I can only classify as an enemy came back from max security to here. I had a run in with him in June. I'll just stay out of his way. Like I said, dark day. I hope and pray that tomorrow will be a better day for everyone.

No comments: