Monday, October 15, 2007

10/15/2007

Decided to write now since I still have the coffee buzz and energy. Up to this point it's been a pretty god day. I started my job at the chapel as an orderly. Another prayer answered! I heard all kinds of missed things from people. Job sucks, long hours, never in your cell to watch your shows, no visits, no chapel activities, etc. Absolutely none are true! Yes the hours are longer because you work weekends, but otherwise its 7:30-3:15 with count breaks and meals. The exception is Friday night because you have to get everything ready for the weekends and Monday morning. More hours means more pay though. Even with me starting a week later than I thought I'll still make $49 this month which is about $14 more than braille. I still get to go to my bible studies, rec at night, visits, and watch my can't-miss shows. Plus there are bonuses! Real coffee maker with real coffee, no freeze dried crap. That along with it is the only air conditioned place in the prison make it worth working there alone. Mary, one of my bosses, brought in Swiss Mocha Folgers, Folgers! Chocolate! It was such a surprise and a treat, I about cried! It's funny how it is the stupid little stuff that most people take for granted that is such a treat in here. I'm in charge of prison photos, chapel-inmate lists, special religious events, newspaper subscription and the chapel payroll. I understand there is opportunity to make some coin on the side, but I won't go into that or decided I [don't?] want the hassle. You do stay busy though and that made the day fly by. I was stressing because I thought the guy training me was leaving the end of THIS month, leaving me only a week of training, but he's not leaving till the first week in December, so plenty of time. Whew! As for th e rest of the day... I was called back to the dentist and they finished up filling my cavities. Just the one left so it didn't take long. I got a letter from my brother today. It is always super to hear form him and know of his California adventures! He sent some money which I will split between my phone account and spend. I think this month is the most money I've had placed in my account! I've been able to order double stamps and envelopes and coffee, along with buying a hot pot. Not much else to report for now.

7:00pm Holy Crap! I just got shook down! The CO was totally cool. Of all the stuff he could have taken from me he only took a magazine that didn't belong to me, and he let me keep my extra pillow for meditation. Then I got called down to the office for legal mail. The fun never stops.

No comments: