Saturday, October 13, 2007

10/13/2007

Today is mom's birthday I gave her a call this afternoon. She sounds like she is doing well and I'm glad. We're going to start reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rich Warren, together. We decided to read the first 5 days and then swap letters afterwards. We'll continue from there. I am excited to read the book again and more excited to share it with someone I love. I h ope and pray she takes it seriously and does the questions. She and I read so many "spiritual" books but none have rang more true than this one. Sometimes you just have to cut away all the bullshit and get back to basics. Don't let other people's ideas about God, soul, heaven, hell, etc sell you. Find out for yourself. Everybody and I mean everybody knows right from wrong, good from bad, justice from injustice. They just have to stop reading, watching and believing everything they run into and listen to that center in yourself. It's there. Believe it. Listen. Anyway... speaking of have too much to read, I just wrote to 10 different places for Dharma and Yoga books. Plus a few places that have pen pal programs. Its different in here. I can diagnose my own problem in that I am trying to hold on to a "normal" life by acquiring as many possessions as possible. I'll see what happens. Hopefully I get my commissary tomorrow. I ran out of coffee and stamps. Nothing else much happened today. I'm catching up on my anime shows (Bleach, Blood+, Ghost in the Shell) then I'm going to bed.

No comments: