Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10/16/2007

Well another day gone. Nothing too exciting today. A dude paid me back $5 today. It was supposed to be double ($10) because that is what he promised me a month ago. I told him to just give me the $5 and we'll call it good. Then after he had the nerve to ask to borrow another $1 AND for me to hold his cigs for him in case he gets "shook down". What an ass! Like I'm ever helping him out for anything again. OK done venting now. Work was alright, I went back up to the chapel from 6:00-8:00pm and typed up some stuff. I kind of got a compliment form the CO. We were talking about building your own computers and video editing, you know joking around and stuff. Well afterwards she said that I really don't fit in around here and seem too smart to be here. I said thanks and she assumed I was doing 5 years for something stupid like DUI. I told her what my sentence was and it nearly bowled her over. She said she has never met a person doing as much time as me with such brains and positive attitude. I threw out the old but true cliche at her that not everyone in here is guilty and innocent people do get sent to prison. Her answer was "apparently". Anyway it felt good at the time. Now it just bums me out because if it is so obvious to the jaded COs that I'm not a criminal why wasn't it obvious to the cops, judge, jury, family and friends. Well tomorrow is another day, nothing to do but wait and see what it brings.

No comments: