Tuesday, October 2, 2007

10/2/2007

In a great joy of a mood and with good mood comes energy and another journal entry. I've been bummed out lately but today I got a lot of mail! Yeah! I got a letter form Dad and not only did he write but also sent money (personal check) so I can't have it, but it is the thought that counts. He says he is going to start sending $25/month which would ease my condition up here tremendously! More importantly he filled out the visitation paperwork which means he can now visit me if he wants! Good Lord, how I miss him and would love to see him. On top of all that I received a letter and pictures form Mom. There was some beautiful shots of the bay area, great shots of my brother and mom, and some depressingly similar shots of Alcatraz. Weird that the tiered living cells look so similar, but maybe all prisons look like that, I wouldn't know. Mom says she will be here this weekend and I that's awesome! Visits and mail really lift my spirits. On top of that family letters mom also put in $20 in my account. Such a trivial amount in the real world (outside) but it means so much to me in that it takes me over 3 weeks of work to make that amount. It was good to hear from Mom, I was worried she was mad at me. I wrote her almost 2 months ago and was doing some major venting about this place and how they denied me some books she sent me. Looking back it might have come across like I was upset at her, which wasn't the case at all. I'll apologize in person this weekend. Other than the mail, I found out today that I get to drink *real* coffee at my new job starting next week. So much better than the freeze-dried stuff. With mom visiting and an inmate friend of mine making a cream-cheese cake with the cream cheese I've been giving him from my breakfast, this might be a good weekend. Well my show (Reaper) is starting soon. Write later.

No comments: