Thursday, December 27, 2007

12/27/2007

My brother's last visit was last night. It was the best Christmas present I could possibly hope for. To have him and the rest of my family here for the holidays was pure joy. Today was back to normal, for better or worse. No theology class tonight, because the pastor is on vacation, so I went to Buddhist meditation group with the intentions of having some quiet time but it was filled with one hyperactive inmate organizing the library and another inmate complaining about shit. I just gave up ad decided to help organize the library when I was called down to the visit room to take more pictures. Damn! I'll be glad when this picture business is over! The library did get organized finally though. I finished reading "Peace Like A River" by Leif Enger. It is probably the best fiction book I've ever read (that I can remember). I laughed, cried, reminisced, cried again, laughed again, etc. Excellent book! Everyone should buy his book so he becomes wealthy and is encouraged to write more just like it, thus adding to the goodness of humanity and glorifying God! Amen! I really should start reading another book because I have so many but I don't want to ruin the feeling of "Peace Like a River". It's like drinking a super fine perfect wine and the rinsing your mouth out with Lysol. I think I'll just go to bed and hope that the goodness and warmth from his book along with the joy of my family this last week, gives rise to beautiful peaceful dreams.

No comments: