Tuesday, August 19, 2008

6/01/08

Okay. Here's the deal. I was sent this book called "A New Earth" written by Eckhart Tolle. To tell you the truth this book already has a strike against it in that it has been praised and pushed upon the masses by Oprah. It's not that I hate Oprah, in fact, she has given and helped out very noble causes but that is not the definition of a noble person. She still comes off as a little self-righteous when she does these things. Or maybe I just don't like rich people, ha-ha. Anyway, Oprah aside, I'm going to try to read this self-help spirituality book with an open mind. Butg again truth be told, between my own, um, discoveries and studies and what I believe to be divine revelation, I don't have much use for another person to tell me "what it is all about". Not only that but the truths that have been revealed to me are so obviously concrete and absolute to me that I run the risk of being overly critical of anything that I can now sniff out as bullshit, but on the other hand, I can also confirm to alot of teachings that I know to be true. So I'm going to read the book one chapter at a time and make my own comments on it and write them here. Not that I am any expert on anything, but I'll do what I can and write what I can, what else is there to do?

No comments: