Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2/12/2008

Well there is no point in fighting for the book that was denied. I've asked arond including inmates and staff and they will deny any book with any kind of "nudity" ... nipple showing, no go, medical journal, nope, fantasy/sci-fi books, no way and of course no my art book. Bummer. I'll send it back to someone, I just don't know who yet. I got 60 days to decide. On the bright side today, I got a late b-day card and my first issue of Tricycle magazine, yeah! Well thats about it. Slow day today and tomorrow. I'm taking the opportunity to listen to some dharma/meditation talks we (the chapel) recently got. Like the Buddha said "the dharma is lovely." Its weird I can't imagine my life without the Buddha's or Jesus' teachings. Without the centering and relaxing meditation I would be lost. Without my faith in God and prayers to Jesus I would be equally lost. I wonder if there are others out there who put stock in both. Christians with appreciation for Buddhist meditation and teachings or Buddhists who think/know the Jesus was the son of God and rose again. I really don't see why you "have" to chose one. Just a thought. Later.

No comments: