Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hey bro!

[His letter to me...]

How's it going? Sorry I couldn't talk to you or Mom longer on the phone the other night, but well... you know. I didn't get in trouble, just chased me into my cell. Thank you so much for the money and pictures! The money is being put to good use and the pictures are wonderful! I'm taking that one of Grandma and having it drawn with the words "God's Grace" somewhere near it. I'll send it to her this week. The guy who is doing it is very talented. I'm hoping to have him do one of you and [your girlfriend] but the picture I have of you two has some weird lighting, but man what chemistry in that photo! We'll see.

I'm thinking of having one done of Dad and [his girlfriend] you took but it depends if he is going to stay in contact or not. I did get a 3 line letter saying it was good to see me and he'll write more soon. He did include that picture of him and [his girlfriend] holding her 3 pugs. Hilarious! I'm glad you had a good time with Emily's parents. I knew they would love you, but then again I'm biased. I can't express how glad I am you found true love! It's almost overwhelming the joy and excitement I feel for you two, spooky, acute happiness knowing that you are happy! I want you to know I really appreciate everything you are doing for me with the website and money, etc. I had a tremendous sense of relief when I read that your not so worried now that you know what life is like here. I'm excited about this universal account thing. It should not be more than $100 a month (which seems to me like a lot of money) because of my $50/month I get from my job. Please send the account # and instructions (whatever) to [list of friends & family] and anyone else you can think of. My only apprehension is I really really really don't want people to feel obligated, guilt-tripped, pressured or pan0handled in anyway. The thing is that the $50 I get a month keeps me in stock of everything I NEED. Stamps, hygiene stuff, envelopes, etc. The rest of it has been going to books, magazine subscriptions, scented oils (so I donut' have to smell ass all day) artwork, food (oatmeal, coffee, sugar, etc). So no pressure, OK? Oh and if there is money in the account cut the bank check on the 7th of each month. I've ordered everything I need for this month. So please make sure no one sends me anymore money this month. Let's wait till next month or the month after. Tell [your girlfriend] I've been trying to do some basic yoga in my cell but I find it hard to do for 3 reasons:
  1. I'm fat and clumsy, seriously!
  2. Not a lot of room to transition from one pose to the next without moving or stopping and turning to a different part of the cell and
  3. Staying motivated. I barely have the energy for sitting meditation let alone physical meditation.
Let me know if she has suggestions. I would really value her input. Well, I better go. I need to write Grandma a letter to go along with her picture. Talk to you soon.
-Love you

No comments: