Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Words of Encouragement From the New Prison Chaplain"

Cliched words of encouragement carelessly thrown at me
Starved for hope, leaning forward anxiously waiting for wise words
When they come they only enrage me
"Every cloud has a silver lining."
Fuck! That's it!
I bloody my fingers strip-mining the silver from said fucking clouds
I melt down the precious metal in my enraged black crucible heart
Forging a mammoth bullet worth a world's fortune
I fire it right between the eyes of Lady Justice.
But, but, but he stutters "When God shuts a Door He opens a window."
The dude can apparently only speak Hallmark Card.
Calmly I speak to him like he is a child.
He doesn't shut anything. He slams it and it is
The flinching cold sound of metal on metal.
The window opened is impossibly small
To fit through and its sucking out all the atmosphere
Out into the dead cold space of His existence and world.
Is the long righteous path so razor blade narrow that it shreds your feet
Leaving you amputated and bleeding
Asking why, and praying for oblivion?

No comments: